What is Local SEO?
Local SEO (Local Search Engine Optimisation), is sometimes called local search marketing, it’s an effective way to market your local business online, and reach potential clients in your area, in this case Oxford; as it helps businesses promote their products and services to local customers at the exact time they’re looking for them online.
Common methods used when undertaking local SEO include finding specific local keywords, optimising a business’s Google My Business profile, and building “NAP” (Name, Address, phone number) citations.
Other factors that influence Local SEO:
In fact, local SEO has a set of unique ranking signals, including:
- The location that the person is searching from
- Sentiment of online reviews
- Keywords used in online reviews
- Google Maps star rating for that business
- NAP citations
- Presence of Google My Business listing
- Keywords used in Google My Business profile
- Number of “check-ins” at that location
- Shares on social media