|SEO Training||Wednesday 28th February 2018, 09:00-17:00||London||£295.00+vat|
|SEO Training||Saturday 12th May 2018, 09:00-17:00||London||£295.00+vat
|SEO Training||Friday 25th May 2017, 09:00-17:00||London||£295.00+vat
What You Will Learn
- Use the Google Search Engine to drive visitors to your website
- Find high traffic keywords and asses the search competition
- Reverse engineer and analyse the websites of your competitors
- Design effective website architectures and content
- Improve your PageRank by getting people to link to your site
- Register for important Google tools and services
- Measure, track and improve your search results
- Keep your website healthy and avoid a blacklisting
Learn how to optimise your website for the Google search engine. Using a practical step-by-step approach
At the end of this course you will know how to setup the necessary Google accounts, you will know how dissect the websites of your competitors and establish the key parameters that are responsible for their high ranking, you will be able to establish what you need to include in your own site so that you rank higher than your competitors, you will be able to specify your website design requirements and monitor the results of your campaigns.
Who Should Attend
Business Owners, Marketing Managers and Creative Professionals who need to know how to Optimise their website for the Google Search Engine.
The course centers on a real-world case study and practical examples are used throughout the day to reinforce the knowledge and skills gained in class.
At the end of the course attendees are provided with access to a special member area where you will find a demo website, links to important tools, practical hands-on guides, cheat sheets, training videos and links to all of the materials that were used to develop the course.
Section 1: Introduction to Google
- How to get to the top of Google
- What is Pay Per Click (PPC)?
- What is Organic Search Engine Optimization?
- What is Google+ Local?
- White Hat vs Black Hat optimisation?
- How does Google work?
- How does Google see the world?
Section 2: Site Architecture and Keyword Selection
- Importance of Keywords
- How to choose your keywords
- Why use multiple keywords
- How to find niche keywords
- What are stop-words?
- Decompiling competitor websites
Section 3: Content Design and Page Optimisation
- How to optimize your keywords
- What is a website theme?
- How to optimize page and file names
- How to structure your page content
- How to optimize Meta tags
- How to optimize page title tags
- How to optimize Meta description tags
- How to optimize Meta keywords
- How to optimize h tags
- How to optimize li tags
- How to optimize p tags
- How to optimize alt tags
- How to optimize title attribute tags
- How to avoid the misuse of header tags
- Choosing the best writing style
- How to avoid penalisation
Section 4: Linking Strategies
- Why are links important?
- What is Google PageRank?
- What are internal links?
- What are the three types of external link?
- What are the best sources of links?
- Should I link to blogs and social media sites?
- What is a link farm?
Section 5: Technical Considerations
- CSS vs table based design
- Understanding website frames
- How to choose the best domain name
- How to choose the best hosting company
- How to validate your website pages
Section 6: Introduction to Content Management Systems
- Introduction to WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento and Prestashop.
- WordPress live demo.
Section 7: How to Decompile a Competitor Website
- How to beat the competition
- How to use Google Chrome as a research tool
- How to find your competition
- How to find why they have good search engine rankings
- How to check the number of cached pages
- How to analyse their site architecture
- How to find the keywords they use
- How to find who links to them
Section 8: Google SEO Tools
- How to setup and use a Google Webmaster Account
- How to verify your website
- How to setup and register a Google sitemap
- How to produce and install a robots.txt file
- How to use a 301 redirect?
Section 9: Monitoring Traffic
- How to setup Google Analytics
- Google Analytics live demo.
Section 10: Maximizing Conversions
- What is website usability?
- Why is it important?
- How to design the ultimate website
Section SEO Workshop
- Your chance to ask questions about your own websites.